Global Startup Youth Globalstartupyouth.org is a 3-day high impact ideas accelerator taking place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia October 8-11.
The event hosts 540 youth (18-25) from at least 90 countries who will work over 3 days to ideate and launch new projects that will hopefully evolve into ventures that are globally sustainable. The event was developed by StartupMalaysia with deep insights from partners, including the Ministry of Finance, Malaysia, the US State Department, YouNoodle Inc., UPGlobal, Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd, Global Entrepreneurship Week, and Startup Nations.
—- Press Release —
San Francisco, CA – October 2, 2013 – The Global Startup Youth (GSY), a 3-day high impact ideas accelerator aimed at turning ideas into high growth ventures and taking place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from October 8-11 today announced that 540 youth (18-25) from at least 90 countries will work over 3 days to ideate and launch new projects that will hopefully evolve into ventures that are globally sustainable. Designed by StartupMalaysia with deep insights from partners, including the Ministry of Finance, Malaysia, the US State Department, YouNoodle Inc., UPGlobal, Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd, Global Entrepreneurship Week, and Startup Nations, Global Startup Youth aims to catalyze the next generation of high-growth ventures and young entrepreneurs.
“This event harnesses the power of youth, their cultural diversity, their domain expertise and their deep conversations about today’s world problems to accelerate them into ventures, ready to be taken to market and scaled,” said Dash Dhakshinamoorthy, entrepreneur and Founder of StartupMalaysia.org. “The teams will get to interact with entrepreneurs and leaders from all over the world as well as hear President Obama’s keynote address. This is an amazing opportunity for all of the chosen participants.”
The GSY also brings together 30 leaders from startup communities around the world through the Startup Nations Meet (hosted by Mr. Dhakshinamoorthy and Rebeca Hwang, co-founder of YouNoodle and Startup Malaysia) and 30 international grassroots startup leaders through the UPGlobal Facilitators Meet (led by Marc Nager of UPGlobal).
“More than 45 Judges from around the world judged and scored applications using YouNoodle’s Judge Platform to help choose the GSY participants,” said Ms. Huang. “This collaboration of numerous stakeholders involved in the global startup ecosystem will be unprecedented and the inaugural GSY is set to be a new model for building cross-border collaborations amongst youth and our future entrepreneurs.”
Some of the young leaders coming to compete in The Global Startup Youth include:
– Jared Kleinert (18), Boca Raton, FL – an author and entrepreneur who is working to empower and mobilize young people to and inspire the 2 billion people in the world currently under the age of 20.
– Joshua Harrington (18), New Zealand – a young entrepreneur who has had various web-based businesses since the age of 13.
– Adrian Carabias Barroso (AGE), Mexico – an entrepreneur whose goal is to solve the world’s huge problem of the supply and demand for blood using social media.
– Alanna Ford (24), United Kingdom – a young woman who believes that investing in women has the potential to uplift entire communities.
– Carryn Goh (21), Malaysia – An inspired innovator who is working to re-invent ecommerce shopping for women in the SEA region.
For more information contact Michael Volpatt (Michael@Larkinvolpatt.com)